The ITTF Coach Accreditation system began in 2004.
Details of the ITTF Coach Accreditation Scheme can be seen on
Please go to the following link to see the list of approved ITTF Coach Education Course Conductors:
ITTF Level 1 Course Conductors
During selected ITTF and ITTF-PTT Level 1 Courses, ITTF[and PTT] Course Conductor Training will be implemented as follows:
ITTF[and PTT] Level 1 Course- 4 [or 5 days] x 6 hours/day-[normally Coaching Courses are open to all, but with a small number of high level coaches, targeted to be ITTF[and PTT] Level 1 Course Conductors, also in attendance]
ITTF Level 1 Course Conductor Training-2 days x 6 hours/day [open only to the targeted high level coaches nominated by the National Association that have also attended the first 5 days]
During the ITTF[and PTT] Level 1 Course Conductor Training each coach will be provided with an "ITTF Course Conductor CD" and all the organizational components of the course will be discussed together with presentation training.
This CD contains course conductor instructions, reporting requirements, certificates and other important information related to the course.
During the course each coach attending will also be asked to present a 30-60 minute component[the coach will not know what they must present in advance] of the course after which coaches will be graded as follows:
- ITTF Course Conductor International[can conduct ITTF(and PTT) Level 1 Worldwide]-these coaches must have an excellent knowledge of the course material and have excellent presentation skills
- ITTF Course Conductor National[can conduct ITTF(and PTT) Level 1 within their country]-these coaches must have a very good knowledge of the course material and have good presentation skills
- "More practise required"
There will be no formal examination but an assessment by the ITTF Level 1 Course Conductor Trainer of their knowledge of the course material and presentation skills.
Coaches should be very familiar with both the ITTF[and PTT] Level 1 and the ITTF Course Conductor CD.
There are some important points to note:
- Only selected ITTF coaches can conduct "ITTF Level Course Conductor Training", so ITTF Level 1 Course Conductor Training is not possible at every course.
- National Associations should select high level coaches that have excellent presentation skills for Coach Education. Being a high level coach, does not guarantee good presentation skills.
- Coaches who wish to become "ITTF-PTT Level 1 Course Conductors" must attend both the first 4[or 5] days AND the next 2 days[ITTF(and PTT) Level 1 Course Conductor Training]. This is so that they can see how the course should be conducted.
- Coaches attending the ITTF Course Conductor Training need to have the ITTF-PTT Level 1 Coaching Manual and ITTF Course Conductor CD well in advance of the course and be familiar with all aspects of both.
ITTF Level 1 Course Conductor Trainers
ITTF have selected a small number of experienced ITTF Level 1 Course Conductors to be ITTF Level 1 Course Conductor Trainers.
The ITTF[and PTT] Level 1 Course Conductor Trainers will have conducted a minimum of 5 ITTF[or PTT] Level 1 Courses and be totally familiar with the ITTF-PTT Level 1 Coaching Manual and the ITTF Course Conductor CD and have the highest level of presentation and administration skills.
ITTF Level 2-Level 3 Course Conductors
ITTF have selected a small number of elite coaches to be trained in the presentation of ITTF Level 2 and ITTF Level 3.